Why Do We Study Science?
When Studying Science students can:
- Understand the world around them and their role in that world
- Understand the role of Science plays in our society
- Develop skills of planning and conducting investigations, gathering information, team work and evaluating their findings
- Act responsibly when using scientific equipment and applying scientific knowledge.
Science education enables students to:
- Develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to find answers to their own questions about the workings of the biological, chemical, physical and technological world and become better informed citizens
- Attempt to find solutions to problems arising from their own needs and experiences in daily life
- Take a confident part in public debate and decision making about Science
- Appreciate the achievements of scientists and their research.
- Value the scientific contributions and achievements of people from many different cultures